Recently ECCouncil has launched a new security certification aimed at training current and the next generation of Chief Information Security Officers (CISO).
The certification focuses on five core domains:
- Governance (Policy, Legal & Compliance)
- IS Management Controls and Auditing Management (Projects, Technology & Operations)
- Management – Projects and Operations
- Information Security Core Competencies
- Strategic Planning & Finance
Now although I think any certification is good to have on your CV, I don’t believe we can train people with one certification and then put them into a postion of CISO and expect them to be successful. A successful CISO should combine years of experience in all areas of the security industry with relevant security certifications to make the all important ‘package’.